"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."
"You'd better pray that will come out of the carpet."
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"
" Because I said so, that's why."
"If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the shops with me."
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."
"Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."
"Shut your mouth and eat your supper."
"Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"
"You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."
"This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."
"If I've told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."
"Stop acting like your father!"
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."
"Just wait until we get home."
"You are going to get it when you get home!"
"If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to get stuck that way."
"Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"
"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."
"If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."
"You're just like your father."
"Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"
"When you get to be my age, you'll understand."
"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you".
- She taught me how to be more than just physically beautiful without giving out a single cent from my wallet…( errr… or from her own bank account by keeping in mind the following):
- Exercising at least two to three times a week is a better pore cleanser than the deep pore cleansing treatment done monthly by one’s dermatologist, or than massaging one’s face with a pore cleanser everyday and then dabbing a toner after. Regular exercise does not only clean the pores of one’s face but all the pores in one’s body, aside from that it tones one’s muscles helping one to achieve a better figure and healthier body.
- Sleeping naked is okay, but make sure that you do it in your own room ALONE. Lol! Of course I was still single when I heard this from my mom. This one helps our skin pores breathe, better than applying those soaps and skin cleansers that claim to help your skin breathe.
- Forgiving and prayers are more rejuvenating than spending so much time and money at the spa. Forgiveness frees one’s heart from carrying baggage that is not essential in one’s own life struggle, and prayers keep one close to God who never lack anything, therefore, no prayerful being could ever lack anything as long as he keeps close to God and follow Him in every way he can. God provides everything we need so this thought will make us carefree and more relaxed lessening one’s chance to have unwanted wrinkles. Having the heart to forgive and knowing that one is secured in HIS own loving care rejuvenates one’s mind, soul and spirit. Aside from that, it lessens one’s chance to acquire any illness that day to day stresses could cause. She says, these are the secrets for looking younger than your age too! Hehe!
- She taught me that the art of being liked starts with truly liking what I really am and that pretending to be someone I am not will just make me miserable.
- She taught me how to choose clothes that flatter my (according to her) assets and remain respect worthy even to people that I pass by.
- She taught me when not and when to use a fuschia pink lip color. ;)
- She taught me how to be assertive without being aggressive.
- She taught me how to tell the truth even if it will hurt big time because it is better to feel bad as long as one knows the truth than to be happy with lies.
- She taught me to pretend to be dumb when people starts to abuse my rights, but use all the knowledge that I have when they start to abuse my "goodness". lol!
- She taught me to fight fair and square and that wearing a "bullet proof" belt is just for soldiers who deal with real bullets, guns and bombs.
- She taught me that talking behind the back of others makes me pathetic.
- She taught me to be humble because every people who come and go in my life, good or bad are the people who made me what I am today.
- She showed me that the adage that says, "Rude people are like sandpapers, they rub you hard but they end up useless and you become polished because of them..." is true.
- She taught me to giv a good fight as long as you know that you are on the right side.